The Center for Disability Resources (CDR) ‘Disability Portal for Faculty’ is an online platform for faculty/staff to use in providing disability-related accommodations for students. There are two ways faculty can choose to log in to the portal:
Log in using MySlice: Disability Faculty Portal via MySlice Faculty Services
- Download the Disability Faculty Portal User Guide: This in-depth guide provides instructions for uploading exams, approving test sign-ups and more!
The platform aims to streamline disability access for students by supporting faculty in their role as instructors. The platform will also enhance communications among students, CDR, and faculty.
The portal will permit faculty to:
• With student permission, view accommodation letters of students enrolled in their courses
• View test sign-ups by student per course, per exam
• Upload exams
• View peer course notes, if applicable
• Access resource library for disability-related information
Additional portal resources:
- Disability Faculty Portal User Guide: A complete guide for the Disability Faculty Portal
- Blank White Screen Instructions: We recommend using this guide if you encounter a blank white screen while trying to access your Disability Faculty Portal.
- Accommodation List Template: This excel document will allow you to create your own quick reference accommodation sheet for your classes. Please download and save the excel document and add student names and accommodations as applicable.
Please contact CDRaccommodate@syr.edu or by phone at 315-443-4498 if you have any additional questions or issues accessing the portal.
Lastly, while not directly portal related, CDR encourages faculty and staff to review the Steps for Setting Up Closed Captions in Zoom.