Are you thinking about coming to Syracuse University or SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry and interested in learning about the various resources and services available to students with disabilities?
If so, click Prospective Students and submit a request for information.
Current and Incoming Syracuse University and SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry Students interested in accessing disability-related accommodations to address educational barriers can review the following to get started:
- Our interactive process includes gathering as much input from you as possible regarding your educational experience and history of utilizing accommodations; therefore, allow 30 to 60 minutes to complete the registration form.
- For currently enrolled students, allow 2-3 business days for an initial review and email reply identifying your assigned access coordinator and next steps.
- You may be eligible for an expedited review if you provide the most recent third-party documentation (regardless of age) that shows a record of accommodation.
- For questions regarding documentation, please review our documentation guidelines
- When uploading, if your documentation is password protected, provide the password in the document title.
- Please note, do not wait to register with our office due to not having proper documentation. Complete the form as thoroughly as possible, detailing your learning experiences and request for a specific accommodation and supports.
- Please download and follow the ‘Guide to Scheduling Appointments‘ to schedule your Welcome Meeting or any follow-up meeting. If you have difficulty with scheduling, please call CDR at 315-443-4498.
- Register here!
Items to keep in mind:
- Accommodations are fluid, and students can meet with an access coordinator at any point to discuss barriers and re-evaluate needs. We know that questions may arise after you meet, experience challenges, and/or have concerns. If this happens, we encourage you to reach out again and schedule a follow-up meeting to assist you and answer any questions you may have. One of the biggest mistakes students make is waiting too long to address concerns.
- To renew accommodations: Returning students registered with our office can request their renewal letter through our ‘Disability Resource Portal’ via MySlice. If there are no changes needed, no appointment will be necessary.
- Incoming (fall semester) students will receive confirmation of their registration, but review and assignment will begin after the close of the spring semester.