Academic Year hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm (last seating at 5pm)
Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm (last seating at 2:30pm)
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 9:15pm (last seating at 5:15pm)
Summer hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm (last seating at 2pm)
- The earlier you sign up for your exam, the better! We recommend you use your syllabus and sign up for all your exams, for the entire semester, INCLUDING FINALS. This ensures you are on our schedule and allows us time to prepare all necessary materials. If you wait to sign up, you could be considered a walk-in and may be subject to a wait, based on exam or space availability.
- You should always take your exam at the same time as the class! Exceptions need Professor approval and must be sent, in writing, to CDRexams@syr.edu prior to taking your exam.
TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR EXAM:
Go to myslice.syr.edu:
- Disability Student Portal
- Testing Sign-up tab (Tab will not be available if you have NOT renewed your letter!)
- New Testing Sign Up
- Using the dropdown, select the course you would like to schedule and input the date range.
- Refine Results
- Click “Authorized CDR Testing Space” next to the day/start time for your exam. Verify the course, date and time to make sure it is correct.
- Enter the Instructor name and select your approved accommodations for this exam (ex. 1.5x, PC, etc.).
- Submit Request. The request will stay in ‘Pending’ until it is ‘Approved’.
TO CANCEL AN EXAM:
Go to myslice.syr.edu:
- Disability Student Portal
- Testing Sign-up tab
- Locate the exam you would like to cancel (will either be in Pending Test Sign-ups or Confirmed Testing Sign-ups).
- Click the cancel button below it.
- You will then be prompted with a dialogue box asking if you are sure you want to delete this entry, as it cannot be undone. If you are sure that you have clicked on the correct sign up you need to reschedule, click OK.
- Another message will appear in the dialogue box asking if you are absolutely sure. Again, click OK.
- The previous test sign up will now be gone from your sign ups. To reschedule your exam for a different date/time, click New Testing Sign Up and schedule your test the same way you had before.
You can not change the date/time on an existing exam appointment. You must cancel and re-submit.
1. Informing Instructors
Students should inform instructors of their academic adjustments as early in the semester as possible. We suggest you make an appointment with instructors to discuss how academic adjustments are to be implemented. This means you must come prepared to the meeting with your faculty and be able to provide information for when there are schedule conflicts that prevent you from taking your exam at the time and date of the regular class time. If you cannot meet with instructors for any reason, please let the Center for Disability Resources (CDR) know so we may assist in any way with the process.
2. Make Your Test Reservation
After you have met with your instructor and have agreed on a date and time you should be taking the exam, test, or quiz, use the electronic sign-up as early as possible.
Timely notice is REQUIRED to receive academic adjustments (accommodations)!
Things to remember:
- Request academic adjustments as needed for each exam.
- The general rule to follow when there is a class conflict: Take the test 1 hour earlier to ensure you receive your full time academic adjustment.
- Remind your professor to send the exam over to CDR a few days before you are scheduled to take it.
- The Center for Disability Resources Testing Services is open from 8 AM – 7 PM during the normal academic year Monday thru Thursday. Fridays we are only open until 4:30 PM. Please take these times into account when scheduling your academic adjustments. All exams must be completed by the office closing time. Please schedule accordingly.
- CDR is open extended hours for finals exams from 8 AM, with the last exam being given at 5:15 PM.
- CDR is open during the summer from 8 AM-4 PM.
It is important that you make end of the semester reservations due to limited space in the testing center. Without a reservation, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your specified time, date, or all of your preferences; however, we will make every attempt to ensure you are accommodated. All tests, quizzes and finals reservations must be submitted by the dates specified on by the CDR Testing Center each semester. Notification of these dates will be posted.
Check in for the exam at least 10 minutes prior to your start time at 804 University Ave. Suite 303- Testing Center. Check in is required. If you are 15 minutes late or more, our exams staff cannot seat you without contacting your instructor first to get permission.
You will be asked to remove all jackets and any other item that is not approved for the test. Be prepared to show your phone to the proctor.
You will be asked to leave non-essential items in the lockers provided (including, but not limited to coat, backpack, and cell phone). In the testing room, you will be permitted only items that your instructor has authorized or your academic adjustments allow. You are also responsible for bringing materials required for the exam (e.g. calculator, ruler, and protractor).
4. Taking Your Exam
In CDR Testing Rooms:
- All university exam policies are followed.
- Please work quietly. A distraction-reduced setting is essential for all!
- There is absolutely NO TALKING.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the testing rooms.
- Please refrain from wearing scented products (cologne, perfume, lotions, body spray, aftershave). Fragrances found in many of these items make those that have allergies, migraines, environmental sensitivities, and multiple chemical sensitivities sicker and unable to participate.
Most exams are timed. If a proctor asks to collect your exam, even if you are not yet finished, please hand it to the proctor promptly and courteously.
Please return all exam materials to the proctor upon completion of the exam.
The proctor will document your check-out time. Please wait until the proctor informs you that all data has been entered before you leave.